CSIR NET JRF Exam – Most Asked Questions
If you have any query about CSIR NET Exam, then get the answer here –
- What is CSIR NET?
- What is the Eligibility Criteria of CSIR NET?
- What is the difference between CSIR NET & UGC NET?
- What are the subjects of CSIR NET?
- How can CSIR help me to begin my research career?
- What are the Career opportunities after clearing CSIR NET? (Benefits of qualifying CSIR NET Exam)
- What is the Exam Pattern of CSIR NET?
- How to Prepare for CSIR NET?
What is CSIR NET?
CSIR NET Exam is a National Eligibility Test to check the eligibility of candidates for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) or Lectureship (LS).
It is one of the toughest national level Exams.
NET (National eligibility test) has been described as a pioneer step towards becoming a top notch research worker or a lecturer in the country.
What is the Eligibility Criteria of CSIR NET?
Junior Research Fellowships are awarded each year by CSIR to those holding MSc or equivalent degree, with minimum 55% marks.
You should have at least one of these degree to appear in CSIR NET Exam –
- Integrated BS-MS
- BS-4 Years
- (Or an Equivalent Degree)
CSIR NET Exam Eligibility Criteria (Percentage)
- General & OBC Candidates – 55%
- ST /SC / Pwd Candidates – 50%
Get all the Latest Updates of CSIR Recruitment details for Engineering, Scientist, Technical Assistant & Project Fellow Posts - CSIR Recruitment
What is the difference between CSIR NET & UGC NET?
Yes, as you all know that both CSIR NET & UGC NET Exams are conducted for recruitment of JRF and Assistant Professors.
But CSIR NET is conducted only for Science Students, if you are not a science student then you should try for UGC NET Exam.
UGC NET Exam is conducted in 100 subjects, where CSIR NET Exam is conducted only in 5 subjects.
What are the subjects of CSIR NET?
General Aptitude Paper is common for all Candidates.
List of CSIR NET Exam Subjects
- Chemical Science
- Earth Science
- Life Science
- Physical Science
- Mathematical Science
How can CSIR help me to begin my research career?
If you want to begin your career in research field, then CSIR NET has a lot of career opportunities for you. As it provides Junior Research Fellowship in various fields of Science & Technology and Medical Sciences.
What are the Career opportunities after clearing CSIR NET? (Benefits of qualifying CSIR NET Exam)
After Qualifying CSIR NET Exam,
- You can take Admission in Ph.D. programs.
- CSIR offers travel assistance to any deserving bright young Indian Research Scholar working in an academic or research institution in India for participating in Conferences, Symposia, etc. held abroad.
- You can join any of 38 institute depending upon your interest as a Technical Staff, Junior Scientist (B grade) or PhD Student.
- If you have a good NET Score, then you can also apply for other labs & Institutes.
- You can join as an assistant prof. at any college.
- Besides the labs of CSIR you can join the labs of DRDO.
- If you are interested in Government Sector then you can also join - BARC, IGCAR, ISRO.
What is the Exam Pattern of CSIR NET?
This Exam is divided into 3 sections – Part A, Part B and Part C.
CSIR NET Part A:
- It is the common paper for all Subject candidates.
- MCQ type questions are asked in it.
- basic Questions related to General Science, Quantitative Reasoning & Analysis and Research Aptitude are asked in it.
CSIR NET Part B:
- MCQ type questions are asked in it.
- which subject you have selected, Related questions are asked in it.
CSIR NET Part C:
- MSQ (Multiple Select Questions) are asked in it.
- Part C checks one's control over his/her nerves.
- Difficulty level is high.
How to Prepare for CSIR NET?
Get Best Preparation Tips here CSIR NET Preparation Tips – According to your subject.
I hope It will help you to know more about CSIR NET.
But still if you have any queries, then feel free to ask in comment section.
Best of Luck!!!
CSIR NET JRF Exam – Most Asked Questions Reviewed by Swayam on 12:11:00 Rating: